Terms and conditions
- The contest or promotion rules (‘the rules’) apply to all handshake contests and/or promotions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – radio, television, print, website, telephone or computer. These rules may change from time to time at the discretion of handshake.
- If a particular promotion has specific rules or terms, those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with (‘the rules’).
- Unless otherwise stated in the specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to one (1) per member account.
- Entry into the promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example; the handshake account holder and/or the owner of the mobile phone number associated with the account) to enter the promotion.
- The promotion is for individual members who are New Zealand residents only. Business members are not eligible to enter contests and/or be randomly selected for prize draws.
- Disqualified Participants may not enter in the promotion (see clause 12).
- Handshake reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Handshake reserves the right to not award any prize to an entrant who handshake decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the rules, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant handshake exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the promotion and for future promotions and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of membership registration is presumed to be true and accurate.
- Disqualified participants are: (a) all handshake employees and their immediate family members, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their immediate families; (b) all people under the age of 18 years; (c) all people who have previously won; (d) ‘immediate families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension; (e) all business, clubs, charities and organisations.
Winning a prize
- Only the person who originally entered the promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the promotion terms and conditions – if not specified then will be determined by handshake who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
- The Judge’s determination of the winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or phone and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by handshake. Where attempts to contact the winner fail (e.g. when the winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts and/or email sent is returned), the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification and the prize has not been collected within one month of being announced, it will be regarded as forfeited. (Note: three (3) attempts to contact will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry).
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the promotion becomes unavailable for any reason handshake may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the winner is required to claim the prize in person they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies handshake in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The winner is responsible for any costs that may be associated with the prize.
- Handshake reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Handshake takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the promotion, due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspell keyword, texts to an incorrect short code, computer and web server malfunctions, natural disasters and/or anything that is deemed outside of handshake’s control.
- Handshake will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of promotion entry or winning the promotion prize.
- Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside handshake’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, handshake has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
Handshake reserves the right to review or make changes to its policies and pricing without giving notice.