Handshake is a 100% New Zealand-owned and operated online marketplace and classified advertising platform connecting Kiwis with Kiwis.
We’re called handshake because that’s how Kiwis do business – with a handshake and a smile.
We know you want to do business with others – buying and selling the things you want, need or love. Handshake’s aim is provide you with the ability to trade on a platform that balances fair trading costs with a sustainable business model. Our goal is to provide a full service platform including fixed-price classified sales and auctions for both new and used goods across a wide range of categories.
We’re based on a bespoke web platform, and it is our goal to continually improve our service. We aim to do things differently to bring new features to online trading.
And, as our name suggests, we put a lot of emphasis on trust – it’s important to you and to us that we provide a transparent and fair trading system. Our partners are local newspapers from across the country who are trusted and experienced sources for local trading.
As a technology company, we aim to put you first and therefore handshake has been designed to be not just another option, but a user-friendly and straight-forward option.
It’s free to signup – and Handshake is fun, easy and designed to work for you.
- Handshake aims to balance trading costs that are fair and reasonable with a sustainable operating model.
- We will always listen to our members, and aim to provide the experience you have asked for.
- Online trading relies on trust – between members, and between you and us. We know that, and upholding it is key to all we do.
- Resting on our laurels isn’t the handshake way. We will continue to innovate to provide new features through a well-designed, user-friendly, reliable online platform.
- And finally we want to always be true Kiwis – friendly, open, respectful, and up for the challenge.